Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

The phase of the Moon

Explanation writing

WALT: I am learning to write an explanation.

Success criteria
Me
LB
T
I have used an interesting title that tells the reader what my writing is about


Y
I have used a general statement to introduce the topic


Y
My writing explains how one thing leads to another



I have used time connectives to show the order of the process (first...next…)



I have organised my text using paragraphs



I have linked together 2 or 3 sentences to show cause and effect (so…if…this causes...this makes...because)



I have used technical vocabulary



I have used capital letters, full stops and commas




Use this chart to help you to write an explanation on the 8 phases of the Moon.




The phases of the Moon

Have you ever wondered why the Moon can look different every night? There are eight key phases that the Moon goes through every 29.5 days, which is the same as one month.


Although we always see the same side of the moon no  matter where ever
we are in earth and at night the moon changes.The moon spins on it axis and it take 29  days for the Moon to orbit the Earth.New Zealand when it is day time half of the Earth goes black and half of the earth is bright.


The phase of the moon is new moon is when it goes black as full moon is when it so white and it comes up with the hole moon half moon is when it so half of the moon waxing Gibbous waning crescent first quarter waxing crescent last moon.









1 comment:

  1. Hi,osana
    I like how you wrote the phases of the moon. It is a really interesting explanation you next spet is to write more imformation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.